Thursday, May 3, 2012

ELC 2012!!!

This post is about my trip to ELC!!! Every year at my school the 8th graders get to go up to Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center (ELC) for one week! We don't just get to go though. We have to work to earn our trip. You need to do 30 hours of work that benefits the school. I am SOOOO glad I got all my hours done, it was super fun! We left really early in the morning and got up to Wolf Ridge around lunch time.  Some things we did over the week were rock climbing, adventure ropes course, Superior View Hike, small mammals, stream study, beavers, FIRST games (team building activities), and LOTS of walking! My favorite activities were the Superior View Hike and the Adventure Ropes Course! The hike was so beautiful once you got to the top! You could see for miles and miles! I was a little nervous about the ropes course, just because I have never done anything like it before! I told myself that no matter what I was going to finish and do the entire course! I did! I was SOOOO proud of myself! ELC really helped me find out who I am. It was just a great week with all of my classmates! We got along most of the time! I am really glad I got to know them better! I can't believe that my 8th grade year is almost over:(

Lake Superior Curve by *clairity*
Photo by: *clairity*



  

No comments:

Post a Comment